Press Highlights for The Final Edition:
VanityFair.com: “The Final Edition, a New York Times Parody From Spinal Tap Star Tony Hendra”
- “Nihilistic and deeply silly.”
- “With articles about the cycling culture wars, section names that refer to the Times’s Manhattan- centric perspective, and conspicuously sympathetic business coverage, The Final Edition is like a very parochial Onion.”
TheAtlanticWire.com: “Highlight of The Final Edition, a New Parody of The New York Times”
- “The all-star list of contributors is reason enough to pay attention to The Final Edition... The site stands to compete with funny juggernauts like The Onion and Funny or Die, at least in the comedy community.”
CNBC.com: “Rewriting the News”
- "This could be Spy 2.0. I hope so."
Wired.com: "Breaking: New Media-Parody Site Hits Internet"
- "Big fan of media mockery, but getting burnt out on Gawker and The Onion? Well, we have news for you. Please welcome to the internet: The Final Edition."
TheNextWeb.com: "Just Launched: The Final Edition, a Dedicated Parody of NYTimes.com"
- "Considering the talent Hendra has in his brigade, I expect The Final Edition will give sites like The Onion a bit of a run for their money."
Forbes.com: "A New York Times Parody to Match The Onion"
- "This is pretty good stuff and might be a real contender to the Onion, given the talent behind the new site."
Splitsider.com: "The Final Edition: Hot Off the Internet Presses"
- "We'll have something to look back on and chuckle about when we take our cyborg children to the Paper Museum."
SeattlePI.com: "NY Times Folding? No, That's Just Tony Hendra's Fake News Site"
- "Fans of fake news will get a chuckle out of satirist Tony Hendra's latest work."
BusinessInsider.com: "The Final Edition of the New York Times"
- "Incredibly detailed parody of the New York Times' final edition.
Mother Jones: Are the Yes Men Back?
- "We especially like 'Governor Christie Explodes in Trenton' and 'House Tea Party Bill Would Abolish Death and Taxes'"
FlavorWire.com: "The Morning's Top 5 Pop Culture Stories"
Time.com: Reading While Eating for May 10
LAObserved.com: "New Newspaper Spoof Appears"
Chron.com (Houston Chronicle): "A New Entrant in the Humor Field"
Gothamist.com: "NY Times Parody Features Death of NY Times, 2nd Avenue Subway Bike Lane"
Politico.com: "All the News That's Fit to Spoof"
Politico.com: "Tony Hendra, Godfather of Fake News, Launches Site"
Salon.com: "The Onion Gets a Star-Studded New Competitor"